Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy Samhain!



Since 2009, when I visited… I came back stating, if I ever live any where but Texas, it will be in Ireland. However, that’s when we win the lottery!

In the meantime, I’ll live vicariously through watching videos of Bealtaine Cottage. During times of extreme stress with “life” - her soothing Irish accent is what I need to hear!

And, she’s doing my plan! This is what I dream ~ my goal is ~ for our west yard!

Oh, and I found her on Facebook as well! The Goddess Gardens!

Not until today, had I ever heard of Samhain!
Goddess Gardens

(I am NOT wiccan, but I do believe in fairies!)
 

Anyhoo...

Update on the planting…

I failed miserably not checking first what deer apparently love! A disastrous waste of money and time and energy planting two Indian Hawthorns…

Since the culprits only chewed on the leaves, I’ll keep it where it is, to see what happens in the spring! Maybe a planting of rosemary or lavender around it will “hide” its smell!

So much to learn about…
The earth, nature, going Back to Eden.

And, bringing in chickens…

Over the past few months, and after spending numerous hours watching YouTube videos and reading websites/blogs about keeping chickens, Lisa Steele at Fresh Eggs Daily has the most informative guides to raising chickens naturally! Her array of articles on Chicken Keeping Guide is quite impressive! As I’ve mentioned in a previous post – Still Learning – I love her two books I purchased/read …. great resources!

Okay…

It’s time to get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment