Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Mimic Nature


While researching the permaculture gardening concept (and the Back to Eden method), I had the “aha” moment! To “Mimic Nature” is now my goal!

This area, the “west” yard, I’ve claimed to begin the Back to Eden permaculture garden! It’s where the chickens will be next year!

Once was pasture - Oak Tree planted about 20 years ago.
Anna helps me tremendously
Wish I'd known about the "no-dig" method earlier!
 I was so impressed when I heard Paul Gautschi’s interview! 




Our One Acre Farm’s article on Permaculture Principles for Practical Gardeners and Farmers is one of my top favorites I found!

The Timber Press blog lists (and details) the 12 Principles of Permaculture! I would encourage anyone interested to read their full article

1. Observe and interact
2. Catch and store energy
3. Obtain a yield
4. Apply self-regulation and respond to feedback
5. Use renewable resources
6. Produce no waste
7. Design from pattern to details
8. Integrate rather than segregate
9. Use small and slow solutions
10. Use and value diversity
11. Use the edges
12. Creatively use and respond to change

At A Return to Simplicity, she explains (with photos!) “Preparing The Ground For A Permaculture Garden”.  I just need to find a LOT of mulch and wood chips!

Bud doesn’t yet know it, but I’m going to ask him to dig me a nice deep trench near the started herb garden… something to try… Hugelkultur!

No comments:

Post a Comment