Friday, January 5, 2018

Fly By



Spring IS coming! 



This is the year to begin keeping chickens! That’s the game plan anyway. I never “count my chickens” but I do continue to learn what I can while I’m waiting for March’s arrival, and the baby chicks!

While spending time in Dallas with Momma over the holidays, we met my cousin and his wife at our favorite restaurant ~ El Fenix. They have been chicken keepers for about 10 years now. I felt like a sponge, soaking up all the suggestions and advice and tips they offered! I appreciated the first time sit-down face-to-face discussion tremendously!



Shirlene highly recommended reading anything by the “Chicken Chick” lady, Kathy Shea Mormino. I found her website and Facebook page, then went by two brick and mortar stores to buy one of her books. Nada. Thank goodness for one-day shipping through Amazon! I didn’t have to wait any longer. I was thrilled when it arrived on New Year’s Eve!


What an informative book!

Today or tomorrow, I hope Bud and I will sit down together and create the supply list of building materials for our chicken house and static run. I still want to base it on the design I wrote about last time, with only a few modifications to fit our needs.

I hope to seize a few sunny days in the 60’s here and there to make a run over to Home Depot (45 miles one way), then to get it started!!! Time will fly by if I’m not careful!

February is usually our hard winter month. (Yes. We usually have only ONE month of hard winter!) I’m hoping since it arrived early, it will move out early as well!

In the meantime, I’m working on a few weaving projects that will eventually be yard art. I’m also mulling over how to incorporate macramé items in the yard! We’ll need a lot more trees!

I’ll share photos next week of the new yard art!

No comments:

Post a Comment